(down to my hips)
1. Wash your hair properly: Shampoo your roots and condition your ends. Deep condition once per week [coating them in oil or mask].
2. Let your hair dry naturally, if not, always use heat protectant. Preferably, let your hair dry while your roots are upwards to create volume and avoid any heating tools.
3. To keep your hair tangle free and volumized: put your hair up [but not tightly tied] whenever you can. I always have my hair in a bun when I’m at home or in the traffic, it has changed my hair’s life.
4. Keep a healthy life style, even though this is not always something you have much power on, living a healthy life style by avoiding smoking [tehe .. 8D], eating healthy food [avocado, salmon, …etc], getting a good amount of sleep and doing sport will do a tremendous change on your hair/skin/nails and happiness 🙂
5. Prefer a layered cut. I have really really long hair [almost to my hips], and the longer they are, the more they wheight. To avoid flat hair and still keep your lenght, ask your hairdresser for long layers.
how my hair looks in direct light [natural colour]
I have a lot of other tips on growing out your hair but, for now, mine needs a cut! Would you like a tutorial on how to cut your hair yourself?
Before starting this post, I have to say that I am not a professional, I do not claim to have perfect knowledge on skincare but I do know some basics. Accoding to my own experience, I would say that French people, and more particularly teens are not that into skincare product, compared to some Asian countries. The little bit I know I’ve learned it from friends and internet. Trust me, Internet is the mother of knowledge nowadays. Therefore, my routine have been inspired by Korean skincare basics.
Here is my night time skincare routine:
– Cleansing: I double cleanse my face using a cleansing oil [Eclat Sublime Huile Démaquillante – L’Oréal 6.20E] to remove my makeup and then a foam cleanser [Mousse nettoyante douce – 6.90E].
– Toner: I use toner to remove any excess after cleansing my face [Lotion Tonique Apaisante – Diadermine 4.90E].
– Serum: A serum is a special treatment for your own concerns, such as wrinkles or visible pores [Sublimist Super Serum – L’Oréal 14.00E].
– Moisturizer: Moisturizing your face is an essential part of your daily routine. Your moisturizer has to be adapted to your very own kind of skintype [Hydra Beauté Gel Crême – Chanel 62.90E].
– Eye cream: The skin around the eyes is very sensitive and delicate which means that it needs extra care, particularly because it is one of the first place to show the signs of aging [Hydra Solution Recovery Eye Gel – SUISSE PROGRAMME 46.32E].
Various precisions or things that I use:
– Once peer week I use: A soft peeling, to remove all dead skincells, a clay mask, to deeply clean my skin, and a whitening sheet mask, to moisture my skin and help balance the colours of my skin.
– I wash my face twice a day, in the morning and at night.
– I always wash off my makeup at night and never ever sleeps with it on. Sleeping with makeup on is a major cause of break up among girls, as well as not cleaning your hair often enough, because the natural oils causes you breakouts.
– I drink at least 2 litters of water a day, drinking water moisturize your whole body.
– I use BB Cream instead of foundation. BB Cream contains true benefits for your skin, as whitening or anti-aging, and provides a more natural coverage that can easily be built up without looking caky. Still, be carefull about the BB cream you use, after trying some of the occidental ones, I can definitly tell Korean BBs are definitly better than occidental ones.
– Apply sunscreen on a daily basis under your makeup, it provides from premature aging.
– Drink green tea, it is good for your skin as it detox your body from the inside.
– Try to eat healthy in general, what you eat reflects on your body.
– Try to sleep at least 6 hours a day.
That’s pretty much it.
I hope this will help you to get better complexion.